Monday, September 9, 2013

First Memory

I was 5. It was first time at Disney Land/World, whichever one happens to be in Florida. It was the first family vacation we had taken outside of Colorado, my first plane ride, all that stuff. My mother was pregnant at the time with my soon to be twin siblings and spent the majority of the time in the hotel by herself, relaxing and watching tv.

I was looking at the map of Disney World the night before and saw that there was a place where you could actually meet Winnie the Pooh, my absolute favorite bear for my entire childhood; and I was going to meet him in real life, I was going to talk to the real Winnie the Pooh.

The part of the park that Winnie was in didnt open till 10:00, two hours after the rest of the park opened. I told my dad that we had to get there early so that we could be first to meet Winnie. I wouldn't do anything else until I met Winnie, that was my top priority.

My dad and I got up at about 7:00, ate breakfast and took the tram over to Disney World, and managed to get to the gate where Winnie was at around 8:30, and waited. We waited and waited and waited until 10:00. By that time the whole walkway up to the gate was crammed with people and I was ready to sprint to the sun to meet Winnie.

Then it came, someone came to open the gate, and my feet just started going and going and wouldnt stop till I met Winnie. It seemed like forever, a few people passed me, but then everyone was gone. They had all taken a sharp left to go to Splash Mountian. Literally all of them. It was only me and my Dad that kept going straight to meet Winnie. I got to spend about two hours with him before we had to meet my mom for lunch, and that was how i spent every morning at Disney World, running to see Winnie the Pooh for a few hours before lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment